Thursday 24 May 2012

On my head!

One of the many wonderful things about dinner with the husbands family on a Wednesday is that his parents have lovely soft carpet in their loungeroom.

The husband and his dad were watching the football after dinner last night, so we headed in with the baby and she got a chance to run amok on the floor.

We were playing around with how to promote the babys crawling, based on the fact that she'll do a crawl on the last few 'steps' to get to something that higher than she can reach on her belly. So the game went as follows:

 - Place plush monkey on my head
 - Baby commando crawls about halfway
 - Baby then crawls a few steps
 - Baby pulls up and sits on the tops of her feet
 - Baby bounces up and down, reaching for my hands
 - I put out my hands to help her stand
 - Baby takes a few guided steps
 - Baby pulls monkey off my head
 - Baby gets rolled back across the other side of the rug
 - Repeat.

It was actually lots of fun.

(And it made me think about how much more I should spend time with her doing that kind of stuff during the day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment